- DATE: Monday, January 16, 2023
- PLACE: Orlando Health Cancer Center
- TIME: 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Participating teachers will sign up for a block of time when their students will play. It is the teacher’s responsibility to make sure music is being played during that period of time.
- PURPOSE: To raise money for the Cancer Center of Orlando Health, CMTA student scholarships, and to provide a community performance opportunity for Central Florida students.
- MINIMUM DONATION: $10.00 per performer
- PLEDGES: Additional funds raised may be contributed online or by cash or check (made out to CFMTA) and mailed to Christine Peterson, 963 Silverton Loop, Lake Mary, FL 32746.
- DEADLINE: Registrations from teachers must be submitted electronically by January 2, 2023.
INFORMATION REQUIRED FROM THE PARTICIPATING TEACHER: A registration form complete with all your participating students listed, amount of time needed, and time-block requested. Online Music Play-a-Thon registration form is found below.
Teacher must combine minimum $10/student payments for all participating students from their studio into one payment to CFMTA by check or PayPal. For example, if you have 10 students participating, please submit one payment for your studio of $100 (minimum). Please DO NOT tell students to send checks individually to chairperson. Submit registration form electronically.
Donations beyond the initial $10 may be made individually by students, family members, friends, etc., through cash or check made out to CFMTA and submitted on the day of the event.
A schedule for you and your students will be organized the week of the event, and you will be informed of your assigned time that week.
The Music Play-a-thon is a wonderful opportunity for students to use their musical talent for a great cause. Start planning now by helping your students make a list of their favorite pieces. Music does not have to be memorized, but it should be of performance-ready quality. Students may play classical, pop, holiday, movie, or duet music. Help us make this a big success by encouraging your students to share their talents in support of this wonderful cause!
Questions? Contact Christine Peterson or Randy Frieling